There are different methods in which you can search an inmate such as online method, search by email or search phone. TDCJ has launched a website where you can access offender’s information online. For this purpose you have to give the required details. You can also search an inmate by sending email. There is also a possibility to find the location or status of inmates by phone. Once you have provide the required information, and the information turns out to be correct then you will be informed about the current location of inmate by phone easily. You are required to follow the given below methods in order to search an inmate.
Detailed Procedure In Order To Search TDCJ Inmate:
You can search an inmate online, by email or by phone.
Online inmate’s search method:
- The last and the first initial of the first name
- The TDCJ number
- The SID number
- First of all turn on your computer system and open the web browser which you are using at present.
- In the next step you are required to open the official website of the company by putting the URL link into the search bar of browser.
- Link of website is given As you get an access to the homepage of the website you need to click on the option of “Offender search” located under the quick links heading.
- As you click on this option a new window opens where you have to provide some details about the inmate you are interested in.
- You are required to enter the last name into the first provided field and the initial of his or her first name into the next field.
- Enter the TDCJ number into the provided space.
- Type the inmate’s State Identification Number (SID) into the specified area.
- You can select the gender from given options.
- At last, you are required to choose the race from given options.
- Click on the button which is labeled as “Search”.
- If you have any query or problems go to the help center of the website.
Search By Email:
You are required to use this email address to send the specific details such as the inmate’s complete name and seven digit TDCJ number. In case if you do not know the TDCJ number then provide the exact date of birth. If you do not know the date of birth, give their approximate age and country of conviction. You are required to mention the offender’s name in subject line of email.
Search by phone:
You can call on following numbers in order to find out an offender’s location or status:
- For parole review status line of offender: ( 844) 512.0461
- For parole release status line of offender: (512) 406.5202. You require the SID or TDCJ number or accurate date of birth of the offender.
The offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
How Can I Contact For Offender General Information?
You can call at (936) 295-6371 or (800) 535-0283 for offender general information or location.
Are Offenders Allowed To Make Phone Calls To Their Friends And Family?
There are two ways in which offenders can talk to their friends and family.
- Eligible offenders are allowed to make pre paid calls through Offender Telephone System.
- Offenders in certain custodies are allowed to one 5 minute collect call every ninety days. TDCJ is responsible for monitoring the call in order to approve individuals. Calls are made on the TDCJ owned unit phone.